Stop awhile to share in this adventure with our needles...

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Like Mother used to make...

Talking with my DD the other day when preparing a meal, we were laughing about the fact that she can't make Egg and Tomato sandwiches that taste like mine - at least that is what she claims. But it got me thinking - because despite following her recipies to the letter, there are one or two dishes Mum used to cook, that I cannot replicate!

She used to make the most delicious Trifle, and I make it every "holiday", and yet there is always that question, its good, but not quite like Mum's. Likewise her Potato and Onion Pie.

Has anyone else come across this - or is it me!

2 comments:

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Yes it's true. Maybe things just taste better when made by someone else. But isn't it nice to be needed.

Solstitches said...

Yep, my daughter says my rock buns are just not as good as her grandma's (my mums)
Being almost vegetarian I like the sound of the potato pie can we have a recipe please?